While it’s not completely clear at this time what DiagTrack is. What is known is the service acts as a built-in Key logger for the Windows OS. You can remove it by following the commands bellow. As with any operating system modification, you are responsible for your own actions going forward, please research ahead. We will offer the commands as reference only.
Any modification of your Windows 10 OS is done at your own risk.
1. Install Windows 10
2. Press Shift + F10 on the login screen to open command prompt (At installation Or open Command as Administrator after install)
3. Input the following commands:
sc delete DiagTrack
sc delete dmwappushservice
echo “” > C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl
Exit – Reboot.
DiagTrack – The Diagnostics Tracking Service
When you acquire, install and use the Program, Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks. Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage. For example, when you:
- install the Program, we may collect information about your device and applications and use it for purposes such as determining or improving compatibility,
- use voice input features like speech-to-text, we may collect voice information and use it for purposes such as improving speech processing,
- open a file, we may collect information about the file, the application used to open the file, and how long it takes and use it for purposes such as improving performance, or
enter text, we may collect typed characters and use them for purposes such as improving auto complete and spell check features.